SORT/HVID IS CALLING OUT FOR 8 ART PIECES BETWEEN MUSIC AND THEATRE TO OPEN OUR SEASON 2021/2022.
We are looking for brave, experimental hybrid art formats in the intersection of music and the performing arts. We are looking for pieces that dare to challenge our notion of what music theater can be.
We want to see music theater like we have never seen it before; we want to make room for more perspectives. In the autumn of 2021, Sort/Hvid will be presenting an ambitious opening program. For this occasion we are looking for 8 projects that explore, develop, and demonstrate the contemporary relevance of music theatre across genre and format – projects that dare to challenge the audience’s understanding of the world we live in. Sort/Hvid wishes to open the season with a diverse program. With an explosion and a celebration of music and art. With aesthetic, visual, loud, and sensory performances demonstrating what music theatre looks, sounds, smells, and tastes like in 2021.
We want applicants with strong artistic ideas. Big teams and small teams. Projects to be developed in collaboration with Sort/Hvid and projects that are ready to meet the audience.
- The project gets approximately two weeks of rehearsals at Sort/Hvid.
- The project receives 100.000 dkr. from Sort/Hvid for salaries and realization of the project.
- The project is developed in corporation with Sort/Hvid and will receive professional sparring.
- Sort/Hvid’s space, technical equipment, and technical personnel will be at your disposal. Sort/Hvid will also take care of marketing and ticket sales.
- Participants will need to set aside two weeks for the project between mid-September and late-November 2021.
- The project will be staged in front of an audience at Sort/Hvid for 2-5 nights.
YOU MUST SEND US:
- A project description explaining the concept, technical considerations, and the purpose (max. two pages)
- CV (max. one page per group member)
- Images/visual material/inspirational photos (max. one page)
- Links to sound, either sketches for compositions or earlier work.
Send your application here.
THIS IS HOW WE CHOSE:
The projects will be presented to an artistic council assisting Sort/Hvid’s management in choosing eight projects which resonate with Sort/Hvid’s overall vision for music theatre. The chosen projects will be made public together with the rest of Sort/Hvid’s 2021/2022 season at the end of April. We strive to give all applicants an answer by the end of March 2021.